Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Turkey Nachos At Their Finest

When I am on a temporary health kick I love to incorporate certain foods into my diet. These foods include turkey, spinach, and colorful peppers. Here is my version of the best turkey nachos ever!

  • Black Beans- If you use canned beans always rinse off the gunk before heating them up or adding them to your mix. 
  • Peppers: Chop up your favorite peppers and onions.. I love them ALL and COLOR is healthy.
  • Turkey: Chop up your turkey in bite size pieces.
  • Add some oil or butter to a pan. Add the beans, onions, peppers and turkey into the pan and add fresh spinach. Saute. 

  • Line a foiled line pan with healthy tortilla chips. Top your chips with the mix and then top the mix with cheese. 
  • Bake at 325 degrees for about 5-8 minutes. 
  • Enjoy!!! But try not to eat them all.. it's hard not to.
Written by: Aimee Fauci

11 comments:

  1. Yum, I love Nachos!

    www.mybigfathappylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now these look good and totally simple! I'll have to give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look yummy and oh so easy to make! I LOVE mexican food and it's always my downfall when I'm eating "healthy". I will definitely keep this in mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom would probably like this recipe. She eats a lot of turkey because she's on Weight Watchers and it has less points than hamburger meat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes.. when eaten in moderation it is good for you... and they are so good.... I even eat the mix wo the chips for leftovers

      Delete
  5. Anything with nachos sounds good to me! But would you believe that I have never had turkey in my entire life? I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Healthy and nachos are not two things I would expect to see together LOL. This looks super yum, though!

    - Gita
    mimiandchichi.com
    Keep in touch with me on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! These sound and look really good. Will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! Nachos! This sounds delicious! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! I so love using black beans & turkey for nachos...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love nachos and am always trying to make a healthier version. Great job!
    Dawn
    Spatulas On Parade
    SGBC

    ReplyDelete