Tuesday, April 29, 2014

'Finish This' Week 17


My second week of participating in the Finish This segment, and these questions are bit more difficult than last week. Let's see if I can live up to last week. 

1- My last growing pain was when my mom was diagnosed with Dementia . My mom always had 'odd ways' about her so when she was diagnosed we thought it was her being her, but then when she was admitted into a nursing home and was on medication and had 'checked out' and given up, that is when it hit me. Then when she passed away all I could think about was.... is this going to happen to me! That is my biggest growing pain and I am not a fan of it to be completely honest! 

2- I grow and nurture my kids to the best of my ability. I am not the most patient mom or the most 'normal' mom but I try to instill into them things that should help them be better people and help them grow up with common sense and respect for others. 

3- The guilt - free snack I enjoy most are the awesome healthy snacks I find at Costco! I am amazed at how many yummy healthy snacks they have but anyone can gorge on a healthy snack and make it unhealthy. Yep I have a tendency to do that A LOT! 

4- The best reason to stay up all night ..............There is no good reason to stay up all night. If my kids were old enough and trained to sleep until 10 am each morning I could dig the staying up all night but with kids that wake up at 7 am and start to make noise, I am not down with staying up all night. I might stay up until 11 pm but then I am exhausted in the morning when I have to wake up at 5:48 am. Sleep, especially beauty, is so important to me! 

5- If I were stranded on a desert island, I'd have a panic attack! I am not a nature girl and I don't enjoy outside. I must have certain every day items such as toilet paper, chap stick, and my computer. If my kids were not stuck on the island with me, I would miss them dearly but on the flip side if my kids were stuck on the island with me, I'd find the nearest corner of the island and just start rocking. Oh ya, there is no win win with being stuck on a desert island! 





11 comments:

  1. Oh Aimee, I'm so sorry about your mother. I think it's a legitimate fear to be afraid of conditions that harm our family members. My grandmother is blind and I'm always worried I'll develop maculardegeneration one day too. It's a terrible thing to happen to someone who was always so vibrant and active, now to be physically limited because she cannot see.
    P.S. I'm totally guilty of over-indulging in 'healthy' snacks to the point I'm a fat pig and overeating!!!!!!!! Why must I enjoy eating so much? I'm so good at it though. :)

    xo,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your mother. Sending you love and prayers.

    I'll send you a boat so you can join my party :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will you make sure to have a porta potty on that island?

      Delete
  3. It's always interesting getting to know people better in areas that you wouldn't normally ask about or post about. My grandfather passed away with Alzheimer's when I was 13 and any disease of the brain/memory like that is heartbreaking so I can only imagine what you went through with your mother. I'm sorry to hear that. We can only appreciate our lives and families even more after learning how quickly things can change.

    I'm not the most patient mother either but we do our best haha. Sometimes I wonder if my son will grow up and remember how impatient I was, but I think they'll remember our love more than our impatience. At least I hope haha.

    This was a fun post! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, an insightful post! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aimee! I'm sorry about your Mom...some growing pains are hard. :( We had similiar answers for staying up all night and the desert island. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Stopping by from the link up. I am very guilty of gorging on "healthy" snacks too! I might or might not have eaten over half a bag of veggie straws by myself yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry about your mom. My M in law and my grandmother had alzeihemers. It's my biggest fear. Not for myself at that point (I won't know) but for my kids. It's hard losing the person while they are still alive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wrote my post today on Costco! They have a lot of healthy snacks and a few unhealthy ones as well. I've always wanted to give those peanut butter stuffed pretzels a try, but know I would have no self-control + the jar is HUGE! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those peanut butter pretzels are gooooooooooooooooooooooooddddddddd!!!!!!!! Oh so good!

      Delete
  9. Yes about the kids! I know that I raise my girls completely different than my siblings raise their kids, and you know what, I love it. It makes it hard, especially when I hear their input on the situation but one of my sisters & I have realized that we know our kids best and we know what they need to learn and how to help them learn that.

    ReplyDelete