Monday, April 7, 2014

Pre Sweet Tagatose by NuNaturals- A House of Fauci Review

I recently entered a contest held by Dawn from Spatula's On Parade for a variety of NuNaturals products. When I received the email that I won I was super excited. Not only do I love to win, but I love to win products that are on the healthy side of life. After opening the 11 pound box that was sent to me I was in shock at how much NuNaturals sent me; I am still amazed today and quite thankful. My goal is to use, share with my friends, and review these products and share my review on my blog. Of course with all of these products, it will be a slow process, but today I am going to share my review of my use of NuNaturals Tagatose. Feel free to refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tagatose if you are not sure what Tagatose is; I did. I also made sure to taste a little bit on my finger and it tasted like sugar.


Thankfully the box of NuNaturals goodies came with recipes. I found a recipe, a sweet one of course, that had few ingredients and ingredients that I had in my pantry. 


I settled on a recipe called 'Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies With Tagatose', however I did have to make a few substitutes. I used a regular egg instead of an 'organic' egg and I used almond butter instead of peanut butter; I don't think the changes made a difference. 


I mixed up all the ingredients and then rolled them up into little balls, plopped them onto a cookie sheet and then pressed a fork into them to give them character. 


After I pulled them from the oven I had to let them cool on the cookie sheet before I dove in for a taste test because they were not firm and would fall apart so I had to be patient. After they cooled a bit, I did my taste test. They tasted just like peanut butter cookies, soft not crunchy, a little bit too sweet but they were not bad and my husband agreed. I sent a few home with some friends and they also said that they were good and that their kids enjoyed them as well. 

Now normally I can eat a batch of cookies, without even blinking, but I only ate one of these and let me tell you why. On the package it states 'Warning (that is always scary): Tagatose may have a laxative effect with excessive consumption. If this happens, reduce consumption.' Now the words 'laxative effect' scare the heck out of me. I don't want to be in a situation, especially while on the road, where I have a panic emergency poo attack (yep, I said poo), so I only ate one. I am a sweet lover so I knew that if it did not have this warning I would have at least eaten six! 

NuNaturals is a really neat company that offers a lot of products and samples on their website that will help you cut the sugar out of your life. Click on this link to learn more: https://www.nunaturals.com/productcategory/31 .

Written by: Aimee Fauci

4 comments:

  1. This company is new to me, so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound really good....thanks for the warning to only eat one! That's one way to avoid eating too many sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies look yummy!! I need to go check out that website for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up on the side effect of too many sweets. I would hate to not know this and over indulge.

    ReplyDelete