Sunday, April 6, 2014

Mi Tierra Restaurant & Bakery- Review

Each time my family visits San Antonio's Historic Market Square I always make sure to stop at Mi Tierra Restaurant and Bakery.


I absolutely adore Mi Tierra for two reason; their ambiance and their bakery. Mi Tierra is decorated Christmas year round. When you walk in you will see brightly colored decorations hanging from the ceiling and Christmas lights strung all over. It is beautiful and fun! 


When you walk through the doors of Mi Tierra you automatically notice a crowd of people that are hypnotized by a glass case that holds amazing bakery items. According to Mi Tierra's website, the bakery has been in operation since 1957 and they have a basement bakery where baked goods and candies are brought up throughout the day. If you walk into Mi Tierra and you think that the crowd looks too overwhelming to stay, don't worry, the line moves quickly and while you wait you can look in the glass case or grab a paper menu and try to figure out what treats to order.  


Each time I visit Mi Tierra I must get at least one pecan praline; fresh pralines are the best! I normally try to grab a few other bakery treats so the family can try something new. I have never been disappointed with any of my selections. If you need help with what a certain bakery item is you can either ask when it is your turn or you can save time and grab a paper menu. 


If you are a local, if you are a local that has out of town company or if you are a tourist, Mi Tierra is a must visit while in San Antonio. Each time we have visited, the staff has always been extremely nice and welcoming and there is also live Mariachi  music that will play for a small fee, but it is worth it. If you cannot make it to the Market, you can order these awesome treats online! They make great gifts or you can kick back and eat them all yourself; I know I would and could. 

Written by: Aimee Fauci

40 comments:

  1. Yum! I want it all! I owuld visit there just to go to that bakery! Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I so wish I lived closer. That stuff looks amazing. We have a few bakeries around here and baked treats are my all time favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love San Antonio. I wish I would have known about this place the last time I visited. My step son lives there so we'll be making the trek back soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So often tourist automatically go to the 'over talked about' Riverwalk... <3 the Market.... So much cultural and life at the Market.

      Delete
  4. I'll have to keep this place in mind if I'm in town! I'm a sucker for fresh bakeries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no... probably because SA has so many other activities.. This city is full of activity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great and will add it to my list if we ever make it to Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband has family near San Antonio, and we talk about visiting soon. Definitely going to check out this place when we make it out there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I love San Antonio, I used to live there years ago. It's about time for another trip back and Mi Tierra will be on our to do list. www.mybigfathappylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww, I miss places like this. Reminds me of places in LA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's nothing quite like a great bakery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks sooooo yummy!! I want something sweet to eat ASAP!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, this looks completely amazing! What a fun spot and their baked goodies look out of this world. I just drooled with envy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have a Mi Tierra here that we love to go to. Yours has some yummy goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy! Everything looks so appetizing. I love good bakeries. and you had me at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. the decor and spot within the historic market are awesome! those treats look yummy; I'll definitely make my way there when I visit San An!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would be hypnotized by all those yummies as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything looks so delicious! I love visiting bakeries when we travel to other cities.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Christmas year ROUND?! I'm SO IN! I love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mi Tierra looks like they have some amazing pastries! I love a good baked sweet treat!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now I want some bakery treats. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the fun atmosphere! i love visiting local bakeries on travels

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks all all of those delicious treats! This is definitely on my place to visit if we head there!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have such a sweet tooth! That bakery looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This seems like such a great place. Just your descriptions make my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love finding local places in new-to-me cities. And my son would be ecstatic over the decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  26. As if the delicious treats weren't enough, there's entertainment and fabulous decor too? Wow, I so want to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! That bakery is awesome and deliciously looking too! I would love to visit that place and grab some of my favorite pastries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would love to visit and try out some of those bakery items! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful decor. I love visiting unique bakeries.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my goodness, all of it looks so yummy. If I am ever in the area, I am definitely stopping in.

    ReplyDelete
  31. You know when the place is packed it's got to be good; all the more reason to stay and find out for yourself! :) Everything looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh yes! I so want to visit that bakery. My tummy is rumbly just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Okay I'm hungry now! I've never been there but I'm tempted to visit and I'd definitely want to stop by this bakery!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I LOVE the decor. It's so vivid. I would love to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  35. That looks like a fun place to visit - and definitely some yummy bakery treats!

    ReplyDelete
  36. We love Mi Tierra!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Those desserts look soooo yummy. I wish we had one of those around me!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Looks great, very bright and colorful. I'd be in trouble in the bakery though.

    ReplyDelete