Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Teachers of CHD Students Beware.....

I have to say that I am overly paranoid, but prepared when my daughter starts a new school year. Before the school year starts the teacher will always call to introduce herself and I always push my husband out of the way so I can give her the 4-1-1 of the history of my child. I also make sure to send her and the nurse a detailed email regarding her medical history and I ask her teachers to also inform every teacher that comes in contact with her. Yep, call me paranoid and really overprotective, but can you blame me? I do my very best not to scare my daughter's teachers and so far I have been very lucky that she has had amazing and awesome teachers. (SN- Lexi was born with a CHD that has since been repaired but is still recovering from another medical issue she was born with)

Only 9 more school years and then I can breath a little better ;-)


Written by: Aimee Fauci

7 comments:

  1. I know a little bit of how you feel! My son has Autism. He's very high functioning which is great but I think sometimes people feel as though if they can't physically see something wrong then there isn't. I think as mom's we stress and want our children to do all of the amazing things that we know they can! We just want what's best! You are blessed to have such great teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a 504 for Lexi? We put one in place for Grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is a 504? I have a written note from her dr that says that due to her 'situation (not heart related) she may be late for school or miss school for longer periods of time compared to the 'normal' kid)

      Delete
  3. As parents we do whatever we can to make sure they stay healthy and safe. I commend you on being so diligent with the care for your daughter. Wish you and you family the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm stopping by from #SITSBlogging. This doesn't sound like paranoia at all, it sounds like great parenting. I can't imagine how it must feel to have a worry like that on you all of the time (on top of the worry that comes with being a mom). Will Lexi recover from her issue? Or is it something she will have to work with for the rest of her life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has recovered, but still needs yearly check ups. I wrote more about it tonight.. if you want to read ;) Thanks.

      Delete
  5. When it comes to the health and we'll-being of your children, paranoia is A-ok! Better to keep her teachers informed than to wind up regretting your silence.

    ReplyDelete