Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Celebrating Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation

I first learned about Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation three years ago when I first moved to San Antonio. We were at Old Navy and as we were leaving a lady was at the exit passing out little cups of lemonade along with bright yellow lemonade stickers that read 'Alex's Lemonade Stand'. She took the time to explain what the foundation was about. After her story, we handed her some money for the foundation and walked away with our refreshing cups of lemonade.

The following year, a company that my husband worked with asked him to contribute and attend an event that they were raising awareness for, Alex's Lemonade Stand. Of course, having learned about the cause the previous year, he was glad to and my girls were also happy to attend the fun event.




We had a great time at the event and they raised a lot of money for the foundation. It is always fun to attend an event that is raising not only money but awareness for a wonderful cause. You can search for an event in your area, simple go to their website and type in your zip code: http://www.alexslemonade.org/search/fundraisers

This year you can help donate to Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation by simply taking a picture of you and your hero mom and using the #MyHeroMom. Post the picture to Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook and Northwestern Mutual will donate $5 for each picture up to $25,000! Read more here...http://houseoffaucis.blogspot.com/2014/05/myheromom-who-is-your-hero-mom.html .


6 comments:

  1. Truly moving!!! I had never heard of this before. Thank you for sharing Aimee! :)

    http://neatly-packaged.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to get the WHOLE fam involved! Going to visit the link to Alex's Lemonade Stand asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the introduction to this foundation. I am truly moved by your family's involvement and genuine care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I will pass this information along!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome! Great fundraiser for a great cause! I'm definitely going to find participating fundraisers in my area. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I have heard alot about Alexs lemonade stand and always donate when I see a stand. I love the #myheromom photo initiative and have to get on that asap!

    ReplyDelete