Tuesday, May 13, 2014

'Finish This' Week 19

I have been doing the 'Finish This' link ups for a few weeks now and I enjoy it more and more each week. Feel free to join, 'Finish This' each week and learn about fellow bloggers and meet new people!

A lesson I learned from my mom...  was basically to do the opposite of what she did. Sounds horrible, but I learned from how she chose to live her life and raise us, so I try to do the opposite to make my families life a bit smoother. 

To burn calories I .... wake up at 5 am every morning and run the hills by my house. After I get my girls to school, I put on my yoga pants and go to the gym and do some cardio. Ha just kidding... to burn calories I try to run up and down my stairs -instead of walking- as I answer my girl's requests and as I put away laundry and such. (I had ya going there for a minute didn't I?)


My best hair day was... the day I lost that 80's/90's bang poof! Wow, what was I thinking back then!?


I am grateful for... my little family. Without my husband and our kids, I would probably not have a family. My biological family is not close, we rarely if ever speak and it sucks, so with that said I am grateful for my husband and the kids we have created together and the kids he brought with him when we met. 


20 comments:

  1. Well this is cool! I am going over to check out the link up now too! I feel some of your family pain - sounds like we have some stuff in common!

    Stacy
    www.anygirlcandoit.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kid's are the best. I'm impressed you wake up at 5 every morning to run. That's dedication. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dying laughing! As I was reading your comment about "to burn calories..." I was like "Yes! We should be neighbors and do this together..." Yep! You got me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need a neighbor to drag me out of my house!

      Delete
  4. I love that "I don't run" quote. I need that on a t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see the 80s hair photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay ... I just have to say this. I, personally, loved the 80s hair! I had the poof going as well. lol This made me laugh so hard! And, you're just so "real" that we can all identify, which I love, by the way!! I'm very sorry to hear that you're not close to your biological family. I am to my parents, but the rest of the family, not so much. We create our own families though with our husbands and children and FRIENDS ... precious friends who also become family to us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true about the family.. It is weird.. i don't get it and it saddens me because I want my girls to know their cousins but until they are all adults.. I guess it is not going to happen.. Geez we only live 45 mn away.

      Delete
  7. BUWAHAHAHA you totally suckered me into with that elaborate workout regimen at 5am!!!! But you're absolutely right, if you see ME running, be scared. Not only will be boobs likely knock me out, but something or someone is after me that shouldn't be. I can hardly do a jumping jack without causing injury to myself. I think you should share a picture of your 80s hair. Just saying. HA! Thanks for joining the link up again this week, I love having you here sharing a piece of your story. Blessings and hugs, Nicole (co-host)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For real... How are we expected to run w our boobies.... and on top of it.. my head hurts when I do jumping jacks... I think they make my brain bounce up and down!

      Delete
  8. I need to see the 80's hair! I love the 80's teased hair! Ha love the running quote, that's totally me!

    Mandi
    Best Little Moore House in Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can get up off my bootay.. I am going to try and post it during next weeks 'finish this' post..

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Ha Ha. I looked --sorta -- before I posted this .. I will try and post during next weeks.. finish this.. Can't wait to see you on it next week... DO IT!!!!

      Delete
  10. too cute, love how you wrote that and thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was being all impressed with your running...yeah, I do that too... ha. The meme describes me perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog header about the reality tv. :) This link up does sound fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. it really is.. and it lets you learn about other bloggers and it makes for an easy blog post!

      Delete
  13. This is a great post! I think lessons learned from our parents is very important in raising a family. I don't have one yet, but I have some not-to-dos myself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. found my way over via the finish this link up, I as well don't have much of a family without my boyfriends. I understand the blessing of creating your own family!

    ReplyDelete