Monday, May 19, 2014

Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake- Pin It Or Forget It

I love Pinterest, who doesn't .. right? I have an incredible amount of recipes, home improvements, and other activities that are just waiting for me to try out, but can't find the time or don't have the ingredients or supplies to do them all. After much pinning, I have decided that it is time to try a few out and post my results. Since I have never made a Bundt Cake, I made the decision to find a Bundt Cake recipe on Pinterest, make it and determine if I should 'pin it' or 'forget it'. 

I purchased my first Bundt Cake pan and decided to go to Pinterest and find a recipe that was pretty basic since this was going to be my first time to bake a Bundt Cake. I have to say that it did not take me long to find the perfect recipe; it had me at cinnamon and sugar. 


Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake- found at 'Lick The Bowl Good

I love the combination of sugar and cinnamon so I knew that this recipe was going to be the perfect recipe. I enlisted the help of my girls to help bake. 

This was a very simple recipe with ingredients that I already had in my pantry. The only changes that I made were reducing the sugar, using regular salt and lathering the pan with butter . 

Preheat oven to 325 degrees

Mix 2 tsp cinnamon1 cup sugar in a small bowl. Spray with non stick spray, Crisco or lather your Bundt Cake pan with butter and sprinkle half of the sugar & cinnamon mixture. Set the remaining to the side. 

Sift 2 1/2 cups of flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda and pinch of kosher salt (or regular salt). Set aside. 

Beat 1 cup of butter. Add 1 cup of white sugar (I reduced to 1/2 a cup) and 1 cup of light brown sugar (I reduced to 1/2 a cup) and 3 eggs. Mix it all together. Stir in 2 tsp of vanilla and then mix in the flour/baking powder, baking soda and salt mix that you set to the side. As you are mixing in the flour mixture, stir in 1 cup of regular sour cream (I promise you can't taste the sour cream). 

Spread 1/2 of the cake mixture into your Bundt Cake pan. Sprinkle 1/2 of the sugar and cinnamon mixture over the mix. Spread the remaining cake mixture over the sugar and cinnamon mix and then sprinkle the remaining cinnamon and sugar mixture over the last amount of cake mix. Now if I was to bake this again I would not have the extra sugar and cinnamon mixture. I would only use the cinnamon and sugar mix for coating the pan. This ends up being a lot of sugar. 

Bake in your preheated over for 55-65 minutes. (I did 60 minutes) Use the toothpick method to make sure it is ready. Allow the cake to cool before you flip it out of the pan. 

For my first ever Bundt Cake I was impressed. It was a quick mix and easy to follow recipe. I love cinnamon and sugar mixes, but I will say that this had a bit too much sugar. My suggestion is to follow the sugar reductions that I made; your thighs and dentist will thank you. 

After my girls and I had a 'few' pieces of this Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake we determined that this Pinterest recipe was definitely a... 



53 comments:

  1. So, I am totally drooling over here. Stuff like that gets totally devoured in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh that looks SO GOOD. It's been a minute since I've baked, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this os beautiful and yummy looking. I want THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never made a bundt cake...I've always been intimidated! I need to pin it and try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was once you! It is so easy!!! I want to learn to make my bundt cakes like those yummy bundt cake stores!

      Delete
  5. love bundt cake too! The cinnamon and sugar layer in this one sounds super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks Uh-mazing! I love a good bundt cake recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that looks pretty tasty! I've never made a bundt cake before. Seems neat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't own a bundt cake pan (yet.) This looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty sure I've never made a Bundt cake. Looks like yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love snickerdoodle cookies so made into a cake would taste amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds so good! I've never tried snickerdoodle cookies so I'm not sure what this would taste like, but I always wanted to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so good! I love snickerdoodle cookies so I would love to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a nice looking cake, although I am not a cake eater at all. Looks like fun making it

    ReplyDelete
  14. What? Snickerdoodle bundt cake ? This would be a sure fire hit in my house, where we love snickerdoodle cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my! This looks so good. I need to get a bundt pan.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have not baked in a while and this looks great. totally worth getting my apron on for.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love a good bundt cake. This one seems like a great recipe to try!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just got a new bundt pan. Looks like I need to break that baby in with this delicious recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love cinnamon and sugar together. This recipe looks so easy- I have all these ingredients on hand. I pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. snickerdoodle is a BIG hit in this house. i haven't done a cake of it tho. hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's your first attempt at a bundt cake? Great job! This looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have never made bundt cake before but this looks like a simple enough starter recipe. I think you guys nailed it! Looks pretty delicious to me xD

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! That looks amazing. You did so well. I'm not a baker at all; I need to work on it. I love the 'pin it or forget it' series. Super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW, I love Snickerdoodles, but never seen in a cake! This looks so yum!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This looks so good. I know my husband will love this! I'll make this soon! Thanks for posting this recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooooohhh...this looks yummy!! I need to invest in a bundt pan!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your cake looks DELICIOUS!!!!!!!! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  28. One day, my daughters surprised me by asking for snickerdoodle cookies. I had no idea they knew what they were let alone love them enough to ask for them. They would adore this cake.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This looks SO delicious! Add some fruit and whipped cream and it would be perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That does look good! My bunch loves Snickerdoodle cookies, so I'm sure they would be gaga over this!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yum! That looks really good! Your daughters are such great helpers!

    ReplyDelete
  32. If it tastes even half as good as it looks; you have a Winner!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yum! I love Pinterest too, ti's great for recipes.
    I have some boots I would like to have on my boots pin board. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  34. This looks so good! My girls are sure to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. It sounds so good! I love anything cinnamon and sugar too so I totally see why you went with Snickerdoodle. Yum! Now, as I sit here eating my salad - I'm drooling at your cake!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Bundt cakes are hands down my favorite cakes. I love plain yellow cakes with no icing made this way. So yummy. I'm a simple gal haha

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love Snickerdoodles! This sounds so delicious! My son used to laugh and laugh when I would make bundt cakes. He thought they were called butt cakes. Boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my! I've never hand Snickerdoodles in cake form. This looks delish. I love the photos of the kids helping you in the kitchen, too! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I need to get my bundt pans out of storage and make one.

    ReplyDelete
  40. We love snickerdoodles. I'm sure we'd love that cake. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love a good ole bundt cake. They never go out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I need to get a bundt pan so I can make this cake! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I don't think I've ever seen a Snickerdoodle bundt cake. Looks terrific! - Jenn @ The Rebel chick

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love snickerdoodle cookies. I imagine the cake is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. This look so so so good! I love cinnamon and sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  46. That sounds yummy! It's great when food looks good but I've found that a lot of yummy foods don't look all that good. The taste is what matters the most!

    ReplyDelete
  47. This sounds like a yummy recipe. I like the word snickerdoodle.

    ReplyDelete
  48. That looks, and sounds, so delicious! And your little helpers are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. This looks AMAZING! And so simple too. Def. must try with my sons. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete