Tuesday, May 20, 2014

'Finish This' Week 20

Come on guys- join us in the 'Finish This' link up. I promise not only will you have fun but you will be hooked like a fish that has mistaken that floating worm for dinner. 


Here we go:

My favorite recipe (of mine) is... Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins. Oh yes, you can just have one, or two or three? These muffins are the BOMB.. Oh wait, my 9 year old told me that NO ONE says that anymore! Okay, they are amazingly delicious! Of course I will share my link, I would be cruel (and stupid) if I did not! 

http://houseoffaucis.blogspot.com/2014/03/chocolate-chip-banana-muffins-with-dash.html

I believe in...JINXES and Premonitions! Call me crazy, you won't be the first one. Back in the days when my oldest three were under the age of 8, all three kids were playing. All of a sudden I had a premonition that one of them was going to get hurt, like really hurt. I brushed it off and then a few minutes later, BAM, one of the boys got a forehead gash from hitting his head on the table and stitches were needed. Just the other day I was cleaning and saw a bag of toys and thought of someone in the family getting stung by a scorpion. What do you know, that day my 7 year old got stung! I now find myself saying 'It's not going to happen' over and over again after I have one. I know I know.. call me crazy! 

I am also HUGE on the belief of JINXES. For example, I have bragged about how great my child is sleeping and then a day later she starts to sleep horribly. If I say, 'Oh my kids have not gotten sick all year.'.. BAM, they get sick. In my mind, it is okay to think these things, just don't say them! It's okay, call me crazy, but I'm not chancing it. 


 I need to set boundaries... on how often I go to Sonic! I find myself going to Sonic sometimes 6 days a week and sometimes twice a day! I can't help myself, have you had their tea w flavorings? In addition, they have all Large drinks for 99 cents before 10am and their Happy Hour specials daily from 2-4pm with all drinks half off, who can resist? You'd think they would send me some free drinks for all this advertisement! I love my Sonic tea and I love the Sonic flavors and I love the Sonic cups and God Bless the Sonic ice! If you don't have a Sonic in your parts you are truly missing out. 

I began living when... my husband and I first got together and put our finances together. We set vacation goals and accomplished them and took the now older kids to a variety of different trips; mainly Disney. Now with the three younger ones we've kinda just stopped 'living' and gotten into the robot motion of life. It stinks BUT we did get an RV so we are now going to start living again. I can't wait! Sigh...if only I had a nanny. 



23 comments:

  1. My favorite recipe is … Homemade chicken soup. I love soups! I could eat chicken soup everyday. Seriously ask my family they get so tired of me and my chicken needs. Happy to say my kiddo loves it too so Im fullfilled!

    I believe in … dream warnings. Just like you believe in jinks I believe in dream warnings. If I have a nightmare about someone getting hurt I have to warn them because if not something bad seems to happen. theres also good dreams like dreaming of babies and next thing you know a baby is on his way.

    I need to set boundaries … with computer time. im addicted to my laptops!

    I began living when … I had my son. he showed me what true love really is.

    Love yours! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dreams can be scary! I once dreamed that my husband did something 'not so nice' and when I woke up I was so mad at him... Hee hee..

      Delete
  2. My favorite recipe is my mocha punch!
    I believe in God!
    I need to set boundaries with my Kindle time. I order too many books!
    I began living when I was born! :) I've always tried to live life to the fullest!
    What a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many books also... I need to get on it! Road trips help me finish books.

      Delete
  3. When I was in college my roommates and I would go to Sonic and have "Sonic Moments.." Of course I'm a Cherry-Limeade kind of girl with tator tots.. probably good that the nearest Sonic is now like 45 minutes away or I'd be killing those tots and sweet drinks just as often as you are :) Love Sonic as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be the cherry limeade! When I got preggers years ago.. I would just order the Cherry Limeade wo the Lime.. It was so good (of course it was just cherry sprite)

      Delete
  4. I do not think you're crazy! I totally believe in all of that. Love your sonic selfie! I've never tried their tea, but thinking I might have to now...sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh snap! You have never had Sonic tea!?? If you do... order it 1/2 and 1/2-- extra ice and a shot of mint OR a shot of peach.. You will be like WOW!

      Delete
  5. Ohhhh I used to be a frequent visitor at Sonic, those were the days. HA! I haven't had caffeine or excess sugar in over a year, since learning I was pregnant and I'm keeping the new habit going now that Kamden is here and I'm exclusively pumping breast milk. It's a lifestyle change I needed to make. Route 44 sweet teas and cherry cokes were NOT good for me!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, that is why you have to cut that tea in 1/2... 1/2 sweet and 1/2 unsweet OR unsweet w a shot or two of flavoring.. I used to do the full sweet and my tummers cannot handle it.

      Delete
  6. I had to start keeping our budget out on the counter so I would stop going to Sonic and Starbucks so much! (seeing it written down every day.. okay okay... knowing my husband could see it on the counter made me stop!). When you find that elusive nanny can you send her over here? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sonic was only a few blocks from my college in Kentucky, but it has only a few locations in the state of Washington! :( Their lime-ade is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with you on the when I started living! I think you know you were meant to be when you feel like you came alive when you met your spouse :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SONIC! Seriously I wouldn't have survived life with twin infants without Happy Hour. On fussy days I would load them in the car, drive to Sonic and then sit there for an hour (or two) while the boys napped in the car. We still do Sonic car naps occasionally because Mommy needs them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe I have premonitions too! My husband thought I was looney until....I had a thought that he was in trouble so I texted, no answer, so I called him about twenty times, still no answer which is very unlike him even if it's just to say "I'm busy I'll call you later." About an hour later he called me and told me the boat he was on caught fire and he had to be rushed to the ER. Thankfully he was okay but I had texted right about the time they first noticed the fire. Crazy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved your post today!! Girl, I was smiling while reading. You are not crazy. You're normal. Trust me. Or ... we're all crazy together. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha.. I might be a little crazy.. hopefully not as crazy as my mama.. hee hee

      Delete
  12. You got an RV? I can't wait to hear more. I'm curious about RV family life and travel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it is great! We've been on one trip and it's fantastic. Going on another this weekend but my husband also uses it as his office which is fantastic for me AND we use it to hide from the kids---BIG SMILE!

      Delete
  13. Ohhh an RV! That is the way to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm totally with you on the fast food addiction. I don't eat Sonic, but my car truly just drives itself to McD's fries and Chickfila's biscuits. :)

    ReplyDelete